Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Am looking for an example of a "no trespassing" letter to…

Customer Question
Am looking for an...

Am looking for an example of a "no trespassing" letter to send to a boundary line encroached in the state of VT...or how to go about getting encroacher off property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vermont

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Neighbor said when I asked him to remove stone wall he built on my property..."What are you going to do about it?"

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/31/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

You are certainly well within your right to sue your neighbor to have the stone wall removed. However, prior to that, I would write a letter to him demanding that the wall that is on your property be removed within 14 days. After that 14 day. Then you can look to filing in court. I would also contact your Township zoning or code enforcement officer to have them review the wall and they may be able to get involved. I am sure that they did this without having the necessary permits which will get them in trouble with the Township. Building a fence along the property line would require a permit including plans etc. By where he placed the fence, I am going to assume that he did not have the proper permits and the Township can also force them to remove the fence since it was placed in violation to local ordinance.

Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago

can I help you further?