Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have an unpermitted garage convertion under a permitted…

Customer Question
I have an unpermitted...

I have an unpermitted garage convertion under a permitted roon adition i would like to grandfather it was converted 1972 while in the prosses of shear walling it so icould build over it

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been drafted or filed?

Dont know inspecter says not

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sanjose eastside

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Code enforcment is ordering me to recovert it to garage status i cant my age 83 very low income disablled wife 82

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Was it legal at the time you set it up?
Tina, Lawyer