Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My grandfather left me his home. In the will, my grandfather…

Customer Question
My grandfather left me...

My grandfather left me his home. In the will, my grandfather stated that my father could live on the premises if he maintained the property, paid the taxes and home owners insurance, and if the two of us could get along. None of this is happening. The will states that if this be the case, the property was to be sold, rather than waiting for me to sell or take complete possession when I'm 25. He is destroying the property and has moved in other people on the property. Drugs are a big issue as well. My dad and a friend of my grandfathers are the trustees. But the will states that if the friend does not want to be trustee, then my dad can't do it by himself and that a named bank would act as trustee. I just don't know what to do. I want to sell now, before more damage is done to my property. ??????

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

How do I get him to move? Can I just give him an eviction notice?

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the assets in question?

The Property! 1.5 acres and a mobile home, plus a contents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

King County, WA

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.

I am not clear what your interest is in the property.

Is title in your name?

Is it owned by a trust?

Is your father a life estate holder, a tenant?

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer