Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My boyfriend and I moved into a home almost 2 years ago. He…

Customer Question
Hello- my boyfriend and...

Hello- my boyfriend and I moved into a home almost 2 years ago. He filed a quit claim deed. We are now going our seperate ways due to domestic violence. I have been advised to leave for my safety. What are my rights as far as my household property and real estate property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Volusia county florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No but it has been documented by a social worker providing me therapy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am disabled and he is a disabled veteran

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
7/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.