Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I have a question. The buyer signed a sales contract on

Customer Question

I have a question. The buyer signed a sales contract on 7/16. I signed 7/17. There was a 10 day Inspection clause right to cancel. The buyer cancelled on 7/27. Isn't that 11 days? Shouldn't;t 7/17 be the first day since my house is taken off the market that day?
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Vero Beach Florida
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO ok
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

The first day is the day after the signing. So the count starts from 7/18, since that is the first full day.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

You may also want to confirm that the buyer used the method prescribed in the contract for giving notice. For example, if the contract required notice by certified mail and they sent it regular mail then the notice was defective and would not terminate the contract.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Did you have further questions? I am happy to continue if you do.

Otherwise, have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!