Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

In case landlord is late in getting rental license in

Customer Question

In case landlord is late in getting rental license in Howard county, MD , what are the repercussion of renting your house before getting rental license.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MAryland Howard County
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: yes I filed application for rental license. Howard county official says , it will take them 2 to 4 weeks to issue license. My tenants are starting there lease next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm trying to rent my house first time, not sure if effects the outcome or not.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. A landlord could be fined up to $1,000 per day for failing to obtain a license. However, it is highly unlikely that this would be enforced unless the tenant made a complaint or somebody else somehow found out and referred you to the county authorities.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?