Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I have a Florida far bat contract with time of the essence

Customer Question

I have a Florida far bat contract with time of the essence and my buyers made late earnest money deposits can I void the contract
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: To void it?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The closing is scheduled for 7/31
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Generally, if the deposit is not sent to escrow in time, then the contract would be void. By paying the deposit late, you cured the default. This is especially true if you have not raised this issue. This could be argued that you have waived your right to cancel and void the contract.Notwithstanding, I would consult a local real estate attorney to protect your rights and interests.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It appears you are referring to your local laws. I was very specific to the fact I'm looking for FLORIDA legal assistance in reference to the FARBAR contract with time of essence clause. I'm sorry but I need assistance in the direct matter and FLORIDA is very specific in these legal issues and terms
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your input I know you are interested in assisting.I'll wait to hear back from someone in my area.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Time of the essence is rarely included. When it is and parties agreed to it and a date is missed the other side may void the contract.