How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2182
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to file a lien against property for a debt that is

Customer Question

I want to file a lien against property for a debt that is owed to the company. This is not a construction or mechanics lien. I am in Utah and wanted to know if a preliminary notice is required
JA: What are the debts in question? What collection efforts have been made?
Customer: Final expenses for funeral services. Several phone v
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Several phone calls and letters with no payment
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

You do not have statutory lien rights so you have to file a legal action in order to secure your amount and get the judge's approval to enter a lien.