Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I can no longer pay my mobile home lot rent and the mortgage

Customer Question

I can no longer pay my mobile home lot rent and the mortgage on the mobile home, what legal options do I have.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not yet, as of now, my mortgage is up to date, but ly lot rent is a month behind. I no longer live in the mobile home and I am trying to sell it, but I am uside down on the mortgage.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

I am sorry to hear you are having these financial difficulties..

.

Have you checked into renting the home to see if you could do so for enough to make the lot and loan payments?

.

Has the landlord given you any notice of eviction yet?

.

Is someone living there now?

.

So you have any other large assets, like real estate with equity, non retirement investment accounts, paid off boats, RVs, motorcycles?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I own and live in another home where I do not pay a mortgage or lot rent. The problem is I will soon be out of savings and my monthly disability will not cover the mortgage or lot rent that I am paying from my savings.

So who is living in the one mobile home now?

.

Have you tried to rent it?

.

And are you saying your residence is paid off?

.

If so, what would you estimate its value to be?