Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

Second opinion] My 84 sister has been placed in an Assisted

Customer Question

Second opinion] My 84 sister has been placed in an Assisted Living Facility due to mild dementia. She has an loan on the house, I believe she refinanced it. She does not have funds the continue the mortgage payments. What recourse does she have?JA: How much is owed on the property? What's the appraised value?Customer: $29,000 owed. I believe the appraised value is $35,000JA: Where is the property located?Customer: Baltimore, MDJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. One moment please while I provide a response.

She has two options. One is to sell the real property, as their appears to be equity in the home. The other option is to offer the lender a deed in lieu of foreclosure so your sister can be done with the real property.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Are you still online with me?