Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

Question on hoa rulings florida

Customer Question

question on hoa rulings florida
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, and is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. What specific questions did you have for me today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we are just 3 units in a hoa in florida. Bylaws and Declaration are standard. can 2 out of 3 decide not to have a yearly meeting?
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to provide assistance. What do the Bylaws state regarding a vote?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
majority of votes present at a meeting needed. but of course it does not talk about a HOA so small.

From the information you have provided, a majority vote of 2 of 3 members should suffice.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but does it have to be decided at a meeting?

Generally, Bylaws provide that any action that may be taken at a meeting, may be taken by a consent in lieu of a meeting signed by the parties. I would review the Bylaws to see if they provide for such a circumstance. If so, then you may do so without a meeting. Keep in mind that sometimes consents require unanimity.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Hi. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!