Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I put a contract on a house. My full price offer was

Customer Question

I put a contract on a house. My full price offer was accepted. Upon viewing I was pleased that the storage area had a long cabinet like section of approx. 9 drawers. I thought they were a part of the structure as they appeared to be. Today, during the walk through I noticed that the drawers had all been removed. Is this grounds for cancelling the contract if the Seller refuses to return the drawers or deduct the price of replacing the drawers from the (full listed) price agreed on?
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: No. that's why at this late hour I'm seeking help here.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In Arnold, MO.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's my only question. Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I want to make sure I understand...is this a "built in"? That is, the cabinet was built into the home? And if so, they left the cabinet behind, but took the drawers??