Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can my landlord prevent our use of the basement where our

Customer Question

can my landlord prevent our use of the basement where our circuit board and our boiler are? we are constantly losing power in our house and are left without electricity until the landlord decides to come and fix this in our side of our duplex we live in massachusetts
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: today yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our house is a duplex and we have separate basements and the landlord keeps locking us out of ours
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Was the basement included in the lease contract for your use?

.

Or did the landlord specifically exclude it from the rented premises in the lease?

.

.

thanks