Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My mother received a writ of possession for our Louisiana

Customer Question

My mother received a writ of possession for our Louisiana home last week. While packing she fell, fractured both bones and dislocated her ankle. She has to have surgery next week. Can we do anything to delay having to move out?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The sheriff delivered the writ of possession last wednesday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure what other info might be relevant
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about mother's injuries. I wish her a very speedy recovery.

She needs to file Motion with the Court for Stay of the Execution and tell the Court her reasons just like you did here. She needs to make sure to include medical documentation of her fall and the upcoming surgery. The Motion forms are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,