Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I sold my home and the buyers agreed to let me live in the

Customer Question

i sold my home and the buyers agreed to let me live in the guesthouse until the main house was remodeled and placed back on the market. They also agreed to repair the in ground pool before doing any repairs to the house so that I could enjoy the pool while living in the guesthouse. They have now evicted me and taken what they wanted of my personal belongings and put the rest of my things on the curb. Can I sue for breech of contract?
JA: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?
Customer: both no lease was signed it was just an oral agreement
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Grant Parish, Louisiana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I also get my things back that he took
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know why they did this? Did the contract clearly state you would be allowed to live there until all this happened?