Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I signed a contract that the buyers lawyer wrote up on me

Customer Question

I signed a contract that the buyers lawyer wrote up on me selling the property which is a cash sale I have a mortgage on the property the mobile home sustained signifigant fire damage before closing is the contract still legal or can I decide not to sell
JA: Is this a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?
Customer: fixed rate
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: limington me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help. I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Does the contract contain a provision regarding risk of loss or casualty prior to closing?
Is there insurance coverage? Has a claim been paid out?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."
If you can resolve the problem (it is usually just a matter of confirming with your bank or credit card that the charge is authorized) I look forward to speaking with you.
Otherwise, I am happy to continue online with you.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Are you online with me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The bank called me to see if you were okay
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call me if you would please
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
I am not able to fulfill the phone call request until the payment is made. I attempted to accept your phone call request and received the following message:
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
I need to step away for about an hour. So, if you wish to speak we need to do it now. Otherwise, I will let you know when I am back online.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i confirmed with the bank
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Now it is showing your call request has expired.
So, if you can straighten this out with your bank or JA customer care, I am happy to speak to you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
your phone no please
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Sorry no can do until your payment clears.
Contact customer care to straighten it out.
Thank you.