Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I own property in Missouri. The sales agreement for 20 acres

Customer Question

I own property in Missouri. The sales agreement for 20 acres indicates that the buyer has a access easement to that acreage of 30 feet along a prpperty line. Does the owner or the user have responsibility of maintainting that acces?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The easement was listed on the title transfer of the propert with no designation fo responsibileiy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

The written easement should actually state who has the responsibility to maintain. Typically since an easement is a "burden on the land" it is the landowner who has to maintain the route..not improve it...just maintain it.

.

But you would want to actually confirm what the easement says and it should be recorded in the local land records office where the deeds are so you can get a copy.

.

.

thanks