Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

How can you stop a foreclosure other than bankruptcy, I was

Customer Question

how can you stop a foreclosure other than bankruptcy
JA: What sort of protection is being sought? What are the debts in question?
Customer: I was scammed in a modification and resulted in foreclosure.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: 122 Peace Lane Clayton NC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I stop it
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. During a foreclosure you usually have a couple of options other than just bankruptcy. One of the options is called a right of redemption. This means that if you or able to purchase the property then you can stop the Foreclosure proceedings. Oftentimes, this is not really an option for a lot of people because it can be very expensive. Otherwise, there may be some procedural methods for you to stop a foreclosure. For example, if notice was not properly given or if the Foreclosure is otherwise invalid because the dates or amounts are off, you may be able to get an injunction to prohibit the sale of your property.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?