Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I live in a 100-year-old historic landmark community in MA.

Customer Question

I live in a 100-year-old historic landmark community in MA. Our neighborhood attracts young families because the houses are modest but pretty 3 and 4 bedroom colonials. Without prior notification to our neighborhood or even to our town, The MA Dept. of Transportation plans to install cellphone towers next to our homes (they will not benefit us in any way). We found out when a neighbor questioned an MBTA surveyor near his property line. We have petitioned and met with the MBTA Board to no avail. This ruin our property values and there are fears about health. I have Lupus, a genetic autoimmune disease, and often sick, and very worried about getting sicker from this. WHAT CAN WE DO?? Thanks for any help!!
JA: Is there an easement or public access on the property line?
Customer: These towers will be on MBTA property right next to the tracks, which run behind our neighborhood on an embankment (so high in the air).
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, these towers will ruin our property values. Our modest homes generally sell for around $500,000 because they are very well-built and the neighborhood is quiet and ideal for kids. Parents are terrified about health risks. Again, we were given NO ADVANCE NOTICE, though the MBTA insists we were. We have yet to see any proof of that.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 3 months ago.

they should have given you a notice about this.

I would contact zoning and code enforcement to verify that they are allowed to do this.

they should have had a hearing about their placement and you could have objected

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** like Senator Markey is going to bat for us!

that is great. That is the best way a lot of times to get what you need done, political help. They really should have had at least one if not more hearings with regards ***** ***** in cell towers so close to residential neighborhoods. They also should have mailed out some things to the neighbors let them know that the intent was to put in cell towers. Let me know if there's any more I can do to help