Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was off from my job and cannot afford my rental on this

Customer Question

I was laid off from my job and cannot afford my rental on this house. I have to move. I have a two year lease and I'm six months into the two-year lease. I don't know what to do I cannot afford to stay here. I'm moving in with my daughter. I live on Social Security and get $694 a month
JA: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?
Customer: Written
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: It's a two year lease. Located in Henderson Nevada
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help. I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Does the lease contain any provision for early termination?

Have you asked the landlord about an early termination?