How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 788
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the specific process for adding two separate people

Customer Question

Hello,I need the specific process for adding two separate people to my home. I borrowed money from two separate family members last year and just want to ensure they are paid - if worse comes to worse.I need to know forms, government office and other information outlining the process - including costs. I heard it might be as much as a few hundred dollars just to add one person as a lien holder.Gary
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

You simply need to add a lien to the property by recording documents with the County recorder.

You will need a separate document for each person. Was any loan documentation done for the money you borrowed? ie: a contract or promissory note?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, they just gave me the money but I have a record of the deposits to prove the time. Not sure where the 'County recorder' is. That is really the question. Is it called the 'county recorder' or is it the local District Court or something else?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

It is done through the County Recorder not the court. I can point you to the right place if you tell me what county you are in.

Otherwise, you can search for your county name and include the name recorder .... so for example "Williams County Recorder" and the website you need should show up. They will have the recording information you need.

I am happy to help further with this if you prefer though. please advise.

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Did that information help you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I spoke with the recording department and they said I would need to know the 'exact form' I am filing and they are not allowed to advise me on the proper form to submit. Once I have the form name, they will provide me with cost. Any idea which form?