Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

EVICTED FROM A MOBILE HOME PARK IN COCOA FL. I HAD THE PARK

Customer Question

I AM BEING EVICTED FROM A MOBILE HOME PARK IN COCOA FL . I HAD THE PARK MOVE MY HOME INTO THE PARK IN COCOA FL IN 1999, FROM THE PARK IN BITHLO FL, THAT I PURCHASED IT FROM. I WAS LIVING IN NJ. AT THE TIME. THEY MOVED IN AND SET UP MY HOME ON THE RENTED LOT THAT IT STILL IS ON NOW. THEY SET THE HOUSE IN BACKWARD PUTTING MY FRONT DOOR AND ENTRANCE TO THE REAR OF THE LOT. FACING THE WOODS, AND MY BACK DOOR TO THE FRONT OF THE LOT FACING THE STREET. WHEN I MOVED INTO MY HOUSE IN 2001 AND SAW THE MISTAKE THE PARK MANAGER TOLD ME TO USE THE DRIVEWAY AT THE BACK DOOR FOR MY FRONT ENTERANCE.IN 2002 I ASKED PERMISSION TO PUT A SHED TO THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY. I WAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO GET A PERMIT FOR THE SHED FROM THE CITY BUILDING DEPT. MY SHED WAS BUILT AND INSPECTED AND PERMITTED EVER SINCE. NOW NEW MANAGEMENT IS ACCUSING ME OF BEING ON 2 LOTS AND THE PROPERTY MANAGER ASSAULTED ME. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING MY RENT AND EVICTING ME. I PAID MY JUNE RENT IN THE DROP BOX ON JUNE IST. WHEN I CALLED THE OFFICE AFTER I RECEIVED MY JULY RENT STATEMENT WITH A 50 DOLLAR LATE FEE I CALLED TO FIND OUT WHY I WAS CHARGED A LATE FEE. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAVE MY RENT CHECK AND WERE NOT ACCEPTING ANY RENT FROM ME. WHEN I ASKED FOR MY CHECK I WAS REFFERED TO THEIR LAWYER. WHEN I CALLED THEIR LAWYER I WAS TOLD THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING MY RENT BECAUSE I AM ON EVICTION. I WENT TO THE COUNTY CLERK TO PAY MY RENT AND THEY TOLD ME THAT RHERE WAS NO EVICTION FILED. I PURCHASED 2 CASHIERS CHECKS FROM MY BANK ON THE 3RD OF JULY AFTER THEIR LAWYER TOLD ME THY ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING MY CHECKS.1 FOR THE JUNE RENT MINUS $50 LATE FEE, AND 1 FOR JULYS RENT. I HAVE NOW RECIEVED A EVICTION NOTICE WITH A CLERK STAMP ON IT. I AM TAKING THEM BOTH TO THE CLERK TO DEPOSIT THEM NOW. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO,
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: FLORIDA MOBILE HOME IS 22 YRS OLD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I JUST RECIEVED NOTICE OF EVICTION JULY 20TH BY A LETTER ON MY DOOR I CHECKED COURT RECORDS AND I HAVE 5 DAYS TO RESPOND AND I CAN GIVE CHECKS TO THE COURT.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I WAS ASSAULTED BY THE PROPRTY MANAGER AND I HAVE POLICE RECORD AND HOSPITAL RECORD AND I AM STILL UNDER TREATMENT,
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If no eviction has been filed, what outcome are you seeking?