Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Regarding HOA Bylaws. Is there anyway that Renters can be

changed a high Monthly maintenance?...
Regarding HOA Bylaws. Is there anyway that Renters can be changed a high Monthly maintenance?
Charged? Or even a security deposit?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/24/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly provide proper foundation for your questions.

Kindly provide additional information regarding your issue.

Kindly clarify.

Is the HOA trying to charge renters higher than the owners?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello, There are 200 units where about 20% of them are rented. We would like the ownership to be 100% in time. Therefore, we will be modifying our Bylaws to limited renters in the future. However are we also allowed to have a two tier HOA monthly expense. Charge home owners one monthly cost & then charge renters a high cost or at least a security deposit?

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, you cannot do that. All homeowners must be charged the same monthly fees. It does not matter if they are renting their units. You also cannot impose the Security Deposit fees.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law