Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

My deed says that I own 14 feet beyond my driveway where

Customer Question

my deed says that I own 14 feet beyond my driveway where there is an apartment complex. The 14 feet goes 2 the wall of this complex where there is a walkway, the apartment complex just had the walkway redone and added 2 inches of concrete over the top of this wall. now all the rain water run downs my drive
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well I would like to know itf it was legal for them to go over 2 inces with this concrete
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
It is not legal. It amounts to trespass.On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Can have a lawyer negotiate a settlement.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.