Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can our Board change rules that effect all unit owners

Customer Question

Can our Board change rules that effect all unit owners without having a vote by the majority of unit owners. We nay have 98 lots. We are in the Florida Keys
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The Board this year changed rules and never passed them out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is it going to cost
JA: It's only $5.
Customer: We own our docs now that we sold all the lots and have to change some issues within the docs. They are forming a committee now to review. Our new President this year is overseeing everything.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do your Association bylaws state about running the Association? Do they give the board authority to make rules?