Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez, Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Member at Perez-Mena & Gonzalez, LLC
93419235

I'm writing up an Quit Claim Deed for my father. I have

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm writing up an Quit Claim Deed for my father. I have Durable Power of Attorney
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: As far as the QCD?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I'm writing up a QCD to cloud title on behalf of my fathers equitable interest in the property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 months ago.

What's your question re the quitclaim deed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm looking to write up a Quit Claim Deed to cloud title. I have power of attorney on behalf of my father and want to protect his equitable interest on a property.

Thank you for your reply.

Justanswer.com is a Q&A forum, so what I need to know from you is what is your specific question concerning the quitclaim deed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I write this up...QCD?

I can't help you with this. You need someone who's licensed to practice law in Texas. I'll reopen this Q&A session for others to assist.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Expert:  Michael Gonzalez replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.See sample form attached as general template.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'd like to write a QCD to cloud title using power of attorney.
Then you would have to include the power of attorney as signing on behalf of someone and attach a copy of the power of attorney to the deed. Of course, the power of attorney must be prepared with the same formalities of a deed including signatures before two witnesses, notarization, etc.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow-up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions. Rating me costs you nothing.