Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is it legal for a relocation company to appear as the seller

Customer Question

Hello. Is it legal for a relocation company to appear as the seller on a purchase contract if they do not have the deed to the house they are selling?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: We were going to close on Friday but the San Bernardino County recorder rejected the deed where the original owners grant the deed to the relocation company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the biggest issue aside from the fact that we didn't close on the house on time due to their incompetence
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, it is not legal. Even if the relocation is acting as an agent of the deed holders, the deed holders' names are ***** ***** that must appear on the contract.

Best wishes,