How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3723
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to sell my condo and just lost a sale because

Customer Question

Hello. I am trying to sell my condo and just lost a sale because there is an issue with the status account of the condo being in the negative. Do I have any legal recourse?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Kitchener. Ontario
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. I just found this out. Unsure what to do next
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 months ago.

Yes, under Ontario law, you have recourse against the party that put the condo into negative territory. You can make a claim for the amount of lost profit on your sale, less any amount of gain when you eventually do sell it.

Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. I wish you all the best.