Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A corp. has and easement for a well and pump house to serve…

a corp. has and easement...
a corp. has and easement for a well and pump house to serve 11 homes. Can we clear the blackberries and level the ground on the .20 A covered under the recored easement?
7/21/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes if the easement gives you such authority to clear and maintain the easement for the benefit of all.This is prudent to do this.You may want to notify the surface owners that you are doing this as routine maintenance to allow for continued well access and use of the others.It makes sense here that under the well easement there is some authority for maintenance and keeping the easement accessible in case of repair or maintenance.But I would notify the surface owners of this need for maintenance and upkeep just in case.It is good practice to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer