Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

I'm in the Title of a house that I being paying for

Customer Question

I'm in the Title of a house that I being paying for severally years, the person in the loan signed me a quit claim to have him removed from the title and take over all responsibility,
HOW CAN I MAKE THE BANK TO DO A REFINANCING ON MY NAME OR WHERE CAN I PLACE A COMPLAINT BECAUSE A BANK RUN MY CREDIT AND ADTER THAT THEY WANT ME TO PUT A DOWN ON MY OWN HOUSE TO BUY IT.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, you can not force the lender to assign the existing mortgage to you unless they consent to do so.

You would need to finance the property in your own name and the seller could use the proceeds to repay the existing loan.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Like Buying?
Expert:  Loren replied 8 days ago.

Exactly.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 days ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!