Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We received a property tax bill last week from 2010 they are

Customer Question

We received a property tax bill last week from 2010 they are now making us pay over $7500 on a$2300 bill that we thought was paid through our old mortgage company is there any way to get this down
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kentucky
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes we received this from circuit clerk but it doesn't have a court date
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 3 months ago.

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you attempted to negotiate down the amount?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried to talk to someone and I am told to email and then they will call me I did that last week and they still have not called or responded to me

Have you attempted to go to court to speak to the circuit clerk?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I went to the county attorney and all they said was hope they don't hit you hard

I would attempt to speak with the circuit clerk who gave you the notice. Possibly there is a contact name and address or phone number you can call.