RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I received the warrant of removal but i paid the owning

Customer Question

Hi I received the warrant of removal but i paid the owning balance in full. I still attended to the court and management lawyer said my case is dismissed. Does it mean i don't have to vacate my apt
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: New jersey
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: was filed but the management lawyer said the case is dismissed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Yes, that would be correct. If the money was paid and accepted and the attorney for the management dismissed the case, you could now remain. You cured this and they are allowing you to remain. However, if the case was dismissed and/or the warrant, the attorney should file the necessary motion to withdraw or vacate it, so no further action is taken and the record is clear. You can stay but if the case is dismissed, you want evidence of it and have it reflect on the record, so this is not an issue down the road.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.