WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Does the city r village in Illinois have the right to allow

Customer Question

does the city r village in Illinois have the right to allow older mobile homes to be moved in their mobile home community .
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: the mobilehome community has been there for years and the village has always allowed older homes to be put in the park. and a home was just moved in yesterday and with out any notice of change the village trustee put a notice on the door that it would not be allowed because it was 0lder than 10 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there r 6 mobile homes in the park they r all older and it has always been allowed it is a poor neighborhood and the change will put the mobilehome park out of business and cause a hardship on the residents and the owner of the park
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 3 months ago.

NO, there is no law in Illinois that prevents an older mobile home. I think they are just trying to get newer ones in so that they can charge more as an upscale community, but there is no law and no right to prevent older mobile homes. You can tell them you consulted with a real estate attorney and that is the answer.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.