Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had a sewer backup and cat 3 water damage at my condo. I

Customer Question

I had a sewer backup and cat 3 water damage at my condo. I paid homeowners insurance deductible. Hoa insurance will pay for repairs. Why/do I pay their deductible? Shouldn't the city sewer pay it?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Like what? I becan with a phone call and was shut down. I wouldn't know what or where to file
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A neighbor is a lawyer and said to me he would pay a dime. Its a $5000 deductible. He says the HOA should perdue the city for it. I wanna be well informed and not just caving in
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 10 days ago.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.