How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a sewer backup and cat 3 water damage at my condo. I

Customer Question

I had a sewer backup and cat 3 water damage at my condo. I paid homeowners insurance deductible. Hoa insurance will pay for repairs. Why/do I pay their deductible? Shouldn't the city sewer pay it?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Like what? I becan with a phone call and was shut down. I wouldn't know what or where to file
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A neighbor is a lawyer and said to me he would pay a dime. Its a $5000 deductible. He says the HOA should perdue the city for it. I wanna be well informed and not just caving in
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 10 days ago.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.

Related Real Estate Law Questions