Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My roommate and I are being evicted because of our dog but…

Hi! My roommate and...

Hi! My roommate and I are being evicted because of our dog but we have proper documentation that she is an ESA however, our landlord refuses to listen and hung up on us, saying we'll receive out eviction in the mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have proper documentation if thats what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope i think thats good

7/7/2017
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking what happens during the eviction process in CA?

I'm asking on what do i do? He is legally not allowed to evict us right?
Because we have proper documentation on the dog being an ESA
He refuses to talk to us about it and refuses to acknowledge the ESA letter.

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

If you are unwilling to speak on the phone I will opt out of this question and allow others to assist, if they are willing.

P. Simmons, Lawyer

Thank you for using the phone option. Please give a call (or let me know if you can not see my #)

Follow up...wanted to ensure you can see my phone #

Hi...can you tell me, were you planning to call??

P. Simmons, Lawyer