Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

My husband and I have a land contract on a manufactured home

My husband and I have a land contract on a manufactured home in a mobile home park. We are in good standings with the home owner and up to date with the house payment. We are up to date with the lot rent payment. My husband had a disagreement with the owner of the mobile home park and we received a notice to quit termination of tenancy. My question is are we liable for the remainder of the lot contract and also the land contract of the home?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Not with the courts, no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​Do you have a written land contract and does such contract state that it is subject to the approval by the mobile home park?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we have a written land contract and the contract does state subject to the approval by the mobile home park. We had to get an approval by the mobile home park before we could move in but the owners of the home are on the lot lease agreement.

Thank you for your follow up.

What is the exact reason that you are getting removed from the mobile park and did you try to resolve the issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My husband got into a disagreement with the park owner and the reason is threatening behavior toward management. The owner of the park is a lawyer and wont listen to reason. We are okay with moving, we just need to know what, if anything, we will be liable for. The land contract states that if we get evicted or lot contract is terminated the home returns to the original home owner.

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but generally, once the initial approval to move into the Mobile Park is approved by the Mobile Park, the party who signed land contract would be liable for the legal obligations under the land contract, even if the Mobile Park decides to remove them due to some type of inappropriate behavior.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay, thank you for your help.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.