Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

We bought a home in Nov 2016 that supposedly had a termite

Customer Question

We bought a home in Nov 2016 that supposedly had a termite inspection cleared but we ended up finding out that we do have termites. Any recouse?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 months ago.

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Do you have written evidence of the termite inspection?

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Did they represent to you that there was a termite inspection? If so, was it in writing or on a disclosure form?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
State of GA reqires a termite inspection. The paperwork show there are areas that they can't view. Walls etc. The people that treated the termites said there were small cracks etc that should have been a clue.

This sounds more of a complaint about the termite inspection itself rather than the seller. It would seem your recourse would be against the company that did the inspection. Have you contacted them abour a warranty or a guarantee of work, or something like that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I used a different color to treat them

I don't know what you mean but "different color to treat them." Are you saying that you are attempting to irradicate the termites on your own?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Company not color. Sorry

Does the second company agree that the the first company should have exterminated in the walls, etc.?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They stated that they should haved known with the clues that the other company found

Okay. So you may have a damage claim against the first company for the amount of money you paid the second company. It would be best to get a copy of the contract from the previous seller. If you have a follow-up question let me know.

Hello: I am following-up. If you need further help, let me know. Otherwise, I have been happy to help you with this question. Please provide a rating between 3 and 5 for the services I provided to you. Best regards.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 month ago.

If you have a follow-up question, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon.