Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

Can a lawyer who represents a company buying property

Customer Question

Can a lawyer who represents a company buying property collect a commission for representing the client throughout the purchase if the client does not have a broker and is relying on the attorney for services?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. Sellers agent/broker has presented a TREC offer/contract to the company's president, and the president wants to retain the lawyer for all services.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

TRELA §1101.005(1) permits a Texas attorney to act as a broker (and get a broker's commission), even without a real estate license.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1