RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I had a renter that I did send to eviction. Now after years

Customer Question

I had a renter that I did send to eviction. Now after years to contemplate the situation, I would like to resend the eviction from their credit report. Is this possible?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Florida, Volusia county.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: It went thru the court process.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: all accounts have been squared up at this point.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Why at this time do you wish for it to be removed? Have they disputed this or contested it at all, on their credit report?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The repayment has been made and the Account is paid in full. I do not wish harm for this person and would like for their credit to reflect their payment and good conduct.

Thank you for the reply. You can certainly report this and see if the major bureaus would update and reflect this on their reports. However, it was / is an accurate reporting, so the fact that they paid it in full, does not mean that a 3rd party would not need or want to consider this information. Now, the party could pull their credit and dispute this and if you failed to respond to it, it could then possible drop off. I know this is not ideal but if the reporting was accurate, it would remain, absent a dispute or challenge to it, which is not responded to and supported.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!