Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I live in a subdivision with an HOA. The president of the

I live in a subdivision with an HOA. The president of the HOA owns a home and 3-4 rentals in the neighborhood. This person works for the same real estate company that is our associations HOA company. It appears to be a conflict of interest to me. I would not be asking, but ut appears to me that the HOA does not enforce provisions when dealing with this persons property.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I would like to go to the HOA meeting with something.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not right now.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

It's absolutely a conflict of interest.

A conflict of interest is a situation in which a person or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which COULD POSSIBLY corrupt the motivation of the individual or organization. The presence of a conflict of interest is INDEPENDENT of the ACTUAL occurrence of impropriety. Rather, a conflict of interest is a set of circumstances that CREATES A RISK that professional judgment or actions regarding a one interest COULD BE UNDULY INFLUENCED by a second interest. This is clearly the situation in your case. Furthermore, in your situation, you have facts to back you up because the HOA is giving this particular person preferential treatment. All of this is simply unacceptable and should not be allowed.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.

You're very welcome. It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.