Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

We were served with a civil suit (land dispute) for $20,000

Customer Question

We were served with a civil suit (land dispute) for $20,000 and the attorney stated on the complaint it was not subject to mandatory arbitration. Does that mean he is insinuating that we are criminals?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Our neighbor has open burned into the night until after 11:00 p.m. and we called the fire department. Also, when they were devegetating the land, a huge piece of tree struck our house and we called the police. We have been harassed by the neighbor continuously, and the big problem is: old growth trees on the property line
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The neighbor hired Arborists to say the trees are hazards, their lot has no house yet. Three of the Arborists were not certified to make decisions so the attorney said we lied
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Do you have a copy of the complaint summons ?

You need to answer the complaint answering the asserted facts denying , accepting or replying unknown to each assertion; otherwise there is risk of a default judgment being entered against you.

Your neighbors actions likely amount to violations of local ordinances and a nuisance so it may be possible to counterclaim against your neighbor for the nuisance caused by the smoke.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to yesterday and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill