Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I've been thinking about taking action on this for a while.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I've been thinking...
Hi Pearl. I've been thinking about taking action on this for a while. I live on ocean park in Santa Monica. We have a tenant here that has caused a lot of problems. Several of the tenants including me have asked the owners to deal with the situation, but they seem unwilling to discuss it. Recently the trouble tenant made a makeshift firearm, fired it off in our parking lot three times, and was eventually arrested for making the gun and now is back. I just spoke personally with the owners go between who happened to be at the apartment and he told me, "I can't talk about him." It appears that nothing is being done. We have records of what this person has done in the apartment and several of us would like him to be evicted. This is the first time I have ever contacted a lawyer about anything. I feel that the owners are unresponsive to several people in the apartment about this situation and I am now taking the step of contacting a lawyer about it and wondering about what the next steps might be.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: CA, and The Beaumont Company. 541 N. Larchmont Los Angeles.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I'm not sure what that means.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will be paying for this.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: sure.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please give me some time to consider your question.

OK. My email is***@******.***
Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was having technical issues, and then went to lunch for a moment. I am back now. I see you requested a phone call. Are you still interested in that?

Tina, Lawyer