How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7226
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I'm looking for a petition for a trespass to

Customer Question

Second opinion] I'm looking for a petition for a trespass to try title
I have a neighbor that is encroaching on my property and is now denying me use of my property
I don't have money to hire an attorney, so I would like to petition the court myself
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.


Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

It will be my pleasure to assist you. Can you tell me the State and County where the property is located?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Comal county texas
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

Motions and petitions are drafted by attorneys for a specific case. I would be able to provide samples that you could use. I see that you were unhappy with the service of the first Attorney that worked with you which concerns me. The Attorney explained the law and provided a case. Can you tell me what was missing from the answer that resulted in a negative rating before I continue? The site does not credit the Attorneys for their work unless the customer rates our service positively.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I asked for a petition
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
I'll go to the clerk of the court
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

I can provide a sample and explain the general process to you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know the process
I had the code and paragraphs before the first attny sent his response that's why I didn't ask for that
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the clarification. I did notice that the response was incomplete but wanted to verify the issue with you. Where or how is the neighbor encroaching?

This is a sample petition for an encroachment (in this sample a wall)

Have you already sent the neighbor a certified letter return receipt requested?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Sample notice

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 4 months ago.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.