Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am residing in Santa Clara CA 6 month.Month ago we found

Customer Question

Yes I am residing in Santa Clara CA 6 month.Month ago we found out city was called.Inspector came on may 15.Landlord intends to get us out .Week after he offered me to pay first last and movers.I found place I texted him he said in text all he can give me is $3500.I let place go.I told him I go to court for all my rent I paid.He also turned water and gas at some point for a day before inspector came and we called non emergency police.As well as he padlocked fence one night.asking as to live and pick belongings next morning. It is three of us me and two kids 15,16.Can we recover deopsit$1800relocation money or any thing to move on.**************.Thank you Maggie
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: It is in Santa Clara CA ******************
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No.Landlord gave me 30day notice in April didn't follow. I haven't filled anything.

JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I recover my deposit and back rent or can I ask for relocation money and in what amount.What should be my next step.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have paper with amount of deposit
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I got charged but my question is not answered ****************************