Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Im currently have a question, about an abandoned car on a

Customer Question

hi im currently have a question, about an abandoned car on a foreclosed property. i do not own the property and don't have an interest in the property accept for the vechicle
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: ny
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: as far as i know the property has been foreclosed i know there is a notice of pendency on the property
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just wanting to know what should i do if i wanted to purchase this vehicle
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you

You need to find the owner of the vehicle and make an offer. The foreclosure of the real property does not apply to the personal property on the property. So, the purchasers at foreclosure are not the owners of the vehicle. You need to find the owner of the vehicle and speak to that person about your interest in the vehicle.

Goodluck with your case,