Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a partner that has filed temporary orders to sue me

Customer Question
for a failed new build. JA...
I have a partner that has filed temporary orders to sue me for a failed new build.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: He's filed temporary orders in the county that he lives in,not the county the business was formed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He's an attorney himself. When the LLC was formed he was authorizing signatures on his behalf. I agreed to pay him back. He wants the funds now,so he has filed to shut down the LLC. I've put all the time and money into the LLC. He took out some lines of credit in his own personal name and wants me to pay them back.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/16/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tina, Lawyer