Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

What isthe Alabama law on property right of way?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

This depends on the situation. Can you please clarify what has happened and what you are attempting to achieve here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know whar thw specific Alabama law on right of way over property is.
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Okay, no problem.

Alabama defines the right of way as the right to move across or onto a roadway before other vehicles or people. The law on this is Article 5 of Chapter 5A — RULES OF THE ROAD. You can find a good summary HERE. Let me know if you need the link to the actual statutory law.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.