How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118322
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to see a mobile home in Salem Oregon. It's a

Customer Question

I'm trying to see a mobile home in Salem Oregon. It's a simple cash sale that I don't think needs a realtor, but I'm not sure how to correctly write up the bill of sale. Do I just get a real estate attorney to do that? Or am I better off just hiring a realty company?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oregon
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's my mother's mobile home. She is now permanently residing in a hme and we must sell the trailer to pay medicaid. My sister and I have power of attorney. The buyer wants to pay cash.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A mobile home has a title, like a car. If you are selling the real estate as well, then you need an attorney, because they will need to draw up the warranty deed for you to sign over to the buyer. If you are selling the mobile home only, then you can write up the bill of sale like you would on a car and you would sign the back of the title over to the buyer and bring that and bill of sale down to the DMV and the ownership on the mobile home itself would change.
If the land is rented land you can do that. If your mother owns the land too, then you need a local attorney because a deed has to be written up to do the transfer.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.