Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

When a judgment becomes a lien against real property is lien…

when a judgment becomes a...
when a judgment becomes a lien against real property is lien valid for the time the owner owns the property or does the lien expire in the normal legal manner?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

It remains a valid lien until paid here.It clouds title until a release of lien is signed by the creditor.The owner has option to pay it off and get a release of lien or it has to be paid prior to a sale here under Maryland law.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can psotive rate 5 stars it i much appreciated.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it i much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer