Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I am a board member of a condo unit ; we voted to fir the

Customer Question

I am a board member of a condo unit ; we voted to fir the property manager; and he refuses to leave
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Police can come to remove the property manager from the premises, assuming he doesn't live there, and to require him to hand over any keys. The board can take immediate action to remove that person's name from any HOA bank accounts by contacting the bank. The board can also stop paying him. But a person can't just unilaterally decide they're not fired and keep working. The manager is now trespassing, because his permission to be on the property has been revoked.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?